Welcome to Day 6 of The 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted by my daughter, C.C.,
at I’m On My Way
and her online BFF Jamee at A New Kind of Normal.
Today’s assignment is to post a blog post of a photo of an animal you’d love to keep as a pet.
* I’m grateful that there are service dogs for those who need them.
* I’m grateful for search and rescue dogs.
* I’m grateful for drug sniffing dogs.
* I’m grateful for zoos and aquariums where we can go to observe animals.
* I’m grateful for well kept aquariums/fish tanks where I can sit and watch the fish….so calming.
* I’m grateful for those who take care of their pets and don’t abuse or neglect them in any way.
* I’m grateful for pets that are “company” to those who are lonely.
* I’ve had some bad experiences, especially with cats, and some cats I’m allergic to.
* Growing up, we did have a dog for a time.
* Growing up, our daughters had a dog a couple of times. They were outside dogs. We had a bad experience with a fish tank when C.C. was 3 though.
* One of our daughters and her family have had pets in the past. Now they have a dog. G Pa bought Lola a fish, too.
* I think it’s awful that some people spend on and for animals/pets to the exclusion of necessary items they need for themselves, i.e., food, shelter, etc.
* I abhor the way some people treat animals/pets. Sometimes it’s abuse or neglect, but sometimes it’s treating them like humans. I just can’t see leaving an inheritance to an animal, especially when that money could be used in so many better ways to help people.
* I just don’t like pets, and I for sure don’t want them in my home. I don’t like their hair getting everywhere. I don’t like the smell. I don’t like the care and cost needed. I don’t want them on me or kissing me or rubbing against me or sleeping with me….
* Well, you get the drift.